And I looooooove it.
Here it is, freshly cut and styled at 8:00 AM when I had only a few hours of sleep! I look so emo it's scary!
And here it is the next day, curled! The picture really doesn't do it justice.It's so easy to shampoo and comb. And it styles like a breeze. I went to sleep with it wet and I could have just left it as-is the next morning. My hair's natural wavyness really works well with it. But I tried curling it just for fun and it looked great! The curls actually STAYED all day! Or I can straighten it and get a nice, sleek layered look. And I find that my clothing just looks better on me... it's like my long hair was weighting down my whole look. Plus it's such a cute style that it makes my petiteness work better. I can pull of this kind of cutsey-chic thing which it totally my style :-D
Revs vs Fire
So after getting my hair cut (and getting an oil change and finding out there was a critter making a rather large nest in my air filter) I went down to Massholia with Scott to see the New England Revolution vs Chicago Fire. The drive was really easy, mostly highway. Scott was so psyched it was funny!
You get there and there are tons of people directing traffic that, quite frankly, don't need to be there. Maybe half of them. They point you to the parking spots, as if I can't park in a car-sized square on my own. Now, I understand doing this for events where parking is not marked. But this was a regular parking lot. Anyway, here is what the front of this massive building looks like:
Unfortunately, New England Major League Soccer doesn't have it's own stadium so we have to share with The Patriots. Bleh.I had hardly eaten so far and hadn't had much sleep, so first we grabbed some food at... I don't remember what the place was called but probably something alluding to the Patriots. It's a three story building with a large circular stairway in the center and TVs EVERYWHERE. Cept the bathroom. But each table has it's own TV and there are other TVs scattered all over the walls so that you can actually see multiple TVs on various sporting channels just by sitting in one place.
This is the top of the spiral stairway which has this odd, round balcony in the middle. The walls here have TV channels projected onto them.
The view to the bottom floor, where the kitchen can be seen. The cooks were wearing classy black chef gear, despite the fact it's really just a dressed up sports bar. Must be because people can see them from their table.
Scott looking super coolI had a really yummy Caesar Salad Wrap with a Mocha Martini and Scott had a beer and a burger. Our server was super nice, too. Next, it was time to head back out to the parking lot and mingle with the tailgaters.
There is actually an entirely separate parking area set aside for tailgating. Maybe I'm just a total noob because this was my first time ever at any sporting event, but I had no idea this was even allowed. People hang out cooking on little portable grills and drinking beer. Or in our case, a bottle of wine. After not really finding anyone Scott knew, we headed in and he looked for Revs gear to buy. He was rather disappointed in the lack of gear, since it's mostly Patriots stuff, but did pick up a new scarf. Then we headed into the stadium and took a walk around. Scott showed me the different seating sections, the view of the practice fields, etc.

To the left of the open area is the Supporter's Section, where we sat. Apparently some people don't like taking their family to the game and sitting near large groups of people swearing at the opposing team and making sexual jokes at their expense. Go figure.

We took our seats in the Supporter's Section and waited as it filled up with other soccer hooligans. Someone brought a bunch of printouts of a large number 9. A player named Charlie Davies got into a bad car accident and will be out of the game for 6-12 months. His jersey number is 9. Players held up these #9 printouts at the 9th minute of the game to show their support for the injured player. But for some reason that didn't make it onto the big screen, so it probably wasn't shown on TV where Charlie Davies could see it happening live.
Above is the guy handing out papers with the number 9
Now, the supporter's section is supposed to be for the local fans to cheer on their local team. But for some reason we had a Chicago supporter in the section! You should have seen the dirty looks this dude was getting.
There are various rituals and things everyone in the supporter's section will do. Players have lots of ways they show their support. One is to have a Revs scarf and hold it up, like Scott is proudly modeling for us here:

Also, at the start of each game someone pulls out this HUGE flag and passes it back, then people hold it and wave their section around like this:
People also dress up in ridiculous outfits. One person had a hot dog costume, another this odd... hedgehog like suit with red, white and blue mohawk. And then there was this guy:I don't think it was in support of the team. Apparently it was an attempt at fashion?

Someone brought red, white and blue streamers and when the opposing team took our side of the field people threw them at the goal. At one point the goalie put the ball down and was going to kick it, but a couple streamers were blown over and wrapped around it. Man was he pissed! Then some roadie would come over and pull all the streamers off, and then they were getting pissed. It was kinda funny :)


There are also various chants that are sung. Some are for specific things, like there is one for every corner kick our team gets. Others people will just randomly belt out and everyone joins in. There are a lot of them, but they are easy to learn. They're usually a common tune but the words are changed. There are also little rituals, like when the opposing goalie picks up the ball and places it to kick to the other side of the field. Everyone makes this sound like chanting monks, then when the goalie kicks it everyone yells "YOU SUCK!" and some even toss in "asshole"! Whenever they go against the Chicago Fire they chant "piss on the fire". Some chants are for specific players. Chicago's goalie's last name is Bush. So they chant "Hey Chicago your bush stinks" or for the Revs goalie Matt Reise "We all dream of a team of Matt Reise".
It was a ton of fun, I gotta say. Sadly, no goals were scored which left us with a 0/0 tie and that sucks. If the Revs have won it would have positioned them nicely to get in on the World Cup, but the tie doesn't help a whole lot. I'm still learning how this stuff works, but a win is 3 points and a tie is 1. A lose is obviously 0. The teams with the most points go on to the World Cup. So a tie doesn't help out much.Hunter Chic
Today my mom and I went to Target (pronounced tar-jay of course) and we couldn't help but have a little fun with the recent plaid trend...
Mom is really rocking the Couture Hunter trend!
But of course I picked up a few more things for myself... some brown boots, a purple knit skirt and some cute jewelry. I am really revamping my wardrobe and trying to dress nicer.Anyway, I think this post is long enough now!




No comments:
Post a Comment