Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fashion on the Brain

WARNING! This post is graphic intensive. For all your people living in the stone age, also known as "dial up" you may as well turn back now.

Yeah OK so I'm a gamer girl... doesn't mean I can't be "fashion forward". Actually, I don't like the sound of that either. Maybe I need to make piece with my fashionista side. So here we go.

I want to shop. J and I stopped by Khol's yesterday to pick up a gift for his little sister. We got her a Flirt! eyeshadow set in browns and a Cherry Blossom bath set. I was checking out their clothing and jewelry while I was there and now I am dying to go back and pick up some new items. I really don't have enough nice work clothing. I'd like to get some work dresses, like these:





And maybe, just maybe I will try some ruffles... hopefully they don't make my chest look even larger. This one would like nice under an open sweater or jacket of some kind:

And I can always use more shoes...













I'm not a big purse gal, but these are cute:





We also looked at the Jewelry and there was some great stuff there.




And I loooove the line of leaf design rings:



We also found this new place next to the Khol's near where I work: Maurices and I looooved their clothing. Perfect for work. And the woman working there said they carry their pants in tall, regular and short sizes. Maybe I won't have to hem them for once! I loved the colors and the way they had combined the clothing on their manikins. They coordinated all their clothing so that it was easy to mix and match. They also had a lot of unique tops to mix with their basics pants, skirts and jackets for a clean but interesting look. Here are some screen shots of outfits from the website:



Here are some of my favorite items off their website:


Another place I've fallen in love with is Venus Clothing. Check out this great tweed suit:


And this cute jacket:
And I am absolutely in love with their sweater dresses. Too bad they are just a tad too short for work.



So the thing I have a hard time is being too matchy-matchy. I always figure I should wear the same colors to match, but I think I should start experimenting more with different shades, tones, colors that go well together, etc. Here is an experimental outfit I made and tried different accessories to get different looks (click to see it full sized)

OK... enough fashion for now! I just need to get rich so I can go on a shopping spree and take pictures of actual outfits I put together. Feel free to donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment