Saturday, April 17, 2010

Makeup, Oil Cleansing, Raw Granola Cereal

My Coastal Scents order came in 3 business days, yay! The 88 warm palette is really nice. There are so many colors for me to play with! I got two gel liners. One was black and one was called "exotic" which turned to to basically be a light black with gold flecks. It looks cool in the jar, but the flecks don't really show up a lot once applied. The True Black color, however, is totally awesome. It's very dark and dramatic, creamy, easy to apply... just awesome. And the gels come in really cute frosted jars! The concealer quad is pretty good, happy with that so far. I tried the HD foundation trial and it seemed ok but it was too yellow for me, and I got what looked like the least yellow color. It also has a lighter coverage that what I need which surprising since it's supposed to be for "high definition". It also made my skin oily by the end of the day. Or maybe I should say it didn't prevent my skin from getting oily like my Neutrogena SkinClearing foundation does. The search for perfect foundation continues!

Yesterday J and I were at the mall and I came across a SEPHORA VENDING MACHINE! This vendor was so cool! Not only did it have the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer I've been dying to get my hands on, but it was just a super cool vending system! I think the whole mall heard my SQEE of joy upon seeing it. While I was standing there basking in its glory, I heard the distinct sound of another SQEEEEEE of delight behind me. I can only hope that they will bring a Sephora to this area if the vending machine sales go well. That would be so awesome!

I've been trying to oil cleansing method each night with 50% caster oil, 50% almond oil and a drop of tea tree oil. It seems to be doing well so far. Tonight will be my 5th night using it. I've started noticing my skin has a nicer glow and color to it. I also got my IQQU Acne serum yesterday and have started using that.

I'm going to make some raw granola cereal for easy breakfast food. It's pretty easy to make and once you make the granola and the almond milk it's super easy to put together in the morning since it's exactly like making a bowl of regular cereal. I found a good guideline for making them here. Basically you need at least 1 of 3 things to make the granola stick together. Soak the nuts so they are sticky, use a date paste, or soak flax seed so it's gooey. The date paste will make it sweeter, but the flax seed is loaded with omega 3. Maybe I'll try half of each so I get a little of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment