Monday, April 12, 2010

Easy, Super Soft Skin & Makeup Haul

I've taken some time off from blogging about being raw due to high stress from other things that have been going on. I'm still trying to eat primarily raw, I just don't want to dwell on it with all this other stuff going on. Instead, I wanted to share an easy, inexpensive and natural way to get really soft skin with two natural, easy, home made things.
1. Olive Oil Scrub

I got this from Michelle Phan's vlog on youtube. It's very easy and works great! All you need is 3tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1tbsp Honey and 1/4 - 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Find a container and pour in your EVOO, then your honey. Pour in some of your sugar and stop to mix as needed until you get a good consistency. You don't want it too dry so make sure you don't use too much sugar. If you do it will be hard to get the scrub to stick to your skin and it will be too harsh.

Next use all over, scrubbing in circular motions. Rinse off in the shower and pat dry. And yes, you can use this on your face and it will not break you out. Olive oil is really good for skin.

2. Coconut Oil Moisturizer

Let the oil from the scrub soak into your skin, which may take an hour or two. Next, rub on some coconut oil. Massage it in really well. I use virgin coconut oil which smells heavenly! I don't know if this will clog pours or not, so I avoid any acne prone areas.

continue to use the coconut oil nightly or every other night as needed, and the scrub 1-2x a week as needed. Your skin will be super soft after the first use. Over time your rough spots like knees and elbows will also get very soft.

The most expensive item is the coconut oil, but you can get it cheap at an asian foods market. I spent $10 for mine but found it for much less at the asian foods market. The extra virgin olive oil might be a bit pricey too, but you don't need much so go for a small bottle if you want. This may also be cheaper at an asian foods market.

If you want to change up the moisturizer a bit try some cocoa butter. Make sure it's actually coco butter and not a lotion with coco butter in it. The coco butter alone is far better than any of those lotions! You can find it at health food stores or perhaps the wonderful asian market I keep mentioning :)

The Makeup Haul

While we're talking about beauty products, I ordered a few things last night.

-IQQU Acne Serum $25: It has excellent reviews and it's gone down in price. I've wanted to try it for a while. Hopefully it works as well as the review say it does.

-Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette $25: 88 beautiful warm eyeshadow colors. I'll be giving away a bunch of eyeshadows to make room for this, since I won't need them anymore. 88 colors for $25? Deal! If I like this I may have to buy more of these palettes. They are highly reviewed on youtube and everyone seems to love them. I really wanna try the Metal Mania Palette!

-Coast Scents Gel Liners $7 each: I love the HIP gel liner but it's almost $11 a pot! I only have dark brown and wanted black, so I got this instead. I also got the color "Exotic" which is a really warm, lovely brown with gold flecks which will work nicely for a more natural look.

-Coast Scents Liquid HD Foundation Sample $0.40: I'm always looking for good foundation, so I figured I'd give this a shot. It's marketed towards youtubers and other vloggers who want their skin to look great in their HD videos, how funny is that?

-Light Tone Camo Quad $8: I actually don't have any decent concealer at all! I've always tried cheapies that caked and creased a lot so I've been afraid to buy something more expensive figuring it wouldn't work. This had good reviews so I thought I'd try it.

Can't wait to get my new goodies and try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment