Sunday, March 28, 2010

TiRAWmisu!

Yesterday I ate mostly raw, and it was easy! I received Alissa Cohen's book, Living on Live Food yesterday morning and read most of it in bed that morning. I had been researching raw foodism for a while, but nothing had quite clicked and made me feel like I could really, really do it until I read this book. The problem with most raw food books is that they tell you it's easy, but then they list a bunch of complicated recipes. With Alissa's book, she shows what she ate for 2 weeks and it really is easy! I don't have to make those complicated meals all day. I can eat 6 bananas for breakfast if I want. I can have desert for dinner, whatever. I already love fruit and salads, I can just eat lots of them and more variety and toss in my favorite raw deserts when I feel a need for something sweet.

With that in mind, I made tiRAWmisu last night and it came out quite yummy! Get the recipe here! The chocolate sauce in this recipe could be used for hot fudge on the raspberry ice cream I made the other night and it's really easy to make. I only made a few changes to my own tiRAWmisu. I used almonds, since I had plenty. I also used 1 more banana because my pan was slightly larger. It didn't come out as firm as the picture, mine is more like a pudding once I spoon it out, but it still tasted good. Maybe cashews would have more firmness... and adding some more coconut oil which solidifies at room tempt. It's so yummy I don't really care! Although next time I will use less or no coconut, because I don't like a strong young thai coconut taste out of personal preference. So maybe 1 coconut and more coconut oil.

I talked to my mom this morning and she wants to eat more raw. I'm going to loan her my book. She said my sister and her friend are also trying to get healthy and although they have no problem with exercise they are lost when it comes to what to eat. We can all do it together! I suggested we each start blogging about it so we can support each other.

I also found out that Alissa Cohen has two raw food restaurants near us called Grezzo. One is in Boston and another in Newburyport which is about 40 minutes from me. I suggested once it gets warmer out we all head down to the beach for the day and eat there to motivate ourselves.

I have gaming today and I'm going to bring tons of fruit, salad and my tiRAWmisu to munch. It's hard to eat healthy at gaming sometimes, but my salad last night was so yummy I am looking forward to eating it again. I also tried a stuffed mushroom recipe which came out pretty good, got a few of those left to munch. I find I enjoy mushrooms more raw. They're a bit crispy instead of rubbery. I think I will start adding them to my salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment