Friday, March 26, 2010

RAW Ice Cream!

This is so yummy!

I got the recipe from Antony's Heavenly Raw Ice Cream on YouTube (or check out the written recipe on his blog) and modified it a bit. This is the base recipe, so you can add other ingredients to make different flavors. Also, if you don't freeze it, it's a super yummy and healthy smoothie!
  • 0.25 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight
  • 0.25 cup raw dates, soaked overnight
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 banana (an avocado or more dates might work if you don't want a banana flavor, haven't tested that yet)
  • 0.25 cup agave
Don't drain the water from your soaked almonds and dates. FYI, you can use whatever nuts or seeds you want, I just happen to like almonds. Toss everything into the blender (including the water) and blend until it's smooth. Alternately, you can blend up just the nuts and strain for a more liquid-like mix like Antony does. I like the taste of the blended almonds without draining. Next just add whatever ingredients you want to create your flavor and use your ice cream maker as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment